Centres of education for disabled persons
Centres of education for disabled persons – “Special Angels”
Whom are we helping? : Children with different types of disability: intellectual, physical, auditory, visual.
Description du programme: : the bad conditions existing in Peru (like hunger, malnutrition, unemployment, and the lack of medical assistance) have caused a high level of disability, that affects many children and also their families. Disability is considered as a restriction to complete activities in a “normal” manner, in general this means a temporarily or permanent reduction of the functional capacity. For example: Malfunction of the ears, eyes, physical and intellectual deficiencies, speaking difficulties, disability of the skeleton or muscles.
Objectives: promote the quality of caring and the educational services that children with disabilities receive to integrate them into society in an adequate way.
Activities as a volunteer:
help the children and adolescents with intellectual and/or sensorial disabilities, developing their skills, talents, intellect, habits, moral capacities.
- Working in special fields: sensorial and mental deficiencies.
- Health: coordination and support in realizing activities together with the medical staff.
- Assistance and social service
- Development of abilities: activities in free time and integration with the children.
- Direct actions and help: physical, psychological and lingual therapy etc.